ko-fi

Translate

Welcome To My Darkside




Monday, July 25, 2011

DIY Halloween Candles Evil Trees

When I started making candle props out of discarded paper towel rolls I had no idea what it would turn into, or if they would even turn out. They did and to my surprise, these are not a flimsy paper craft,they are strong and durable they feel like rubber, they're flexible, so you do not have to worry about breakage and they're water resistant! I am sure if one wanted, one could add a sealant and totally water proof them. I really hadn't a clue how well a paper towel roll would work in place of the pvc pipe but I am so happy with the results. Of course after that first one came another and then another...


The very first candles I made were stand alone individual candles, that I could place alone or in groups.





























  























Then on came the imagination along with it all sorts of different types of candles!

Skulls and glitter spider's







Tombstones and candles



 


Candles with faces

































and now evil trees






Find more photos like this on Garage of Evil!!



My paper towel roll candle creations have become a huge part of my prop making.I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. If you would like to see my creepy candle how-to you can here HouseofDewberry creepy candle How-to

You might also be interested in seeing where my paper towel roll inspiration came from RavensHallow's How-to pvc candles.On the Garage of Evil. She has an easy to follow tutorial on pvc candles which are different from mine, but are what inspired me. I came upon her candles and love them! I thought it would be fun to create them to use in photo shoots, Halloween displays, etc. At that time I didn't have any pvc pipe handy or the particular lighting for those candles, but, what I did have was paper towel rolls and tea lights!

If you feel inspired and I hope you do; to make some of your own paper towel roll candles or pvc pipe candles I would love it if you send me a link or pictures to be featured here.
Have fun and enjoy!

2 comments: